POWDER SOUTH HELI-SKI GUIDES is happy to announce the opening of his Powder South Northern Patagonia base out of Barraco Lodge. Powder South will be offering Heliski weeks this season during the month of September and October 2020! This is great news for our Powder South heli-skiers and heli-boarders, adding a very pristine heli-ski terrain from a typical Patagonian style lodge surrounded by wild rivers, waterfalls, hidden lakes, glaciers, volcanoes, granite cliffs, in the heart of some of the oldest rain forests in the world. This new Powder South heli base will satisfy our decades clientele with ambition to explore further south for more ski adventure in the southern Chile.
Based out of Barraco Lodge, a typical Patagonian style lodge, located on 150 acres bordering Lake Tagua Tagua and the Puelo River. For 8 skiers/snowboarders with 2 Mountain Guides.
3 Day Package
2 groups, 9 hours of flight time
(4,5 hours per group)
Semi Private Week
2 groups, 12 hours of flight time
(6 hours per group)
10 hours of flight time
- 6 full days of Heli-Skiing / Heli-Snowboarding
- Lodging in the Patagonian Barraco Lodge (details below)
- Barraco Lodge 6 nights with breakfast, daily heli-picnic, dinners included and final 1 night in 5-star Ritz Carlton in Santiago with breakfast included
- Small groups (4:1 guide ratio for our Eccuriel AS 350- B3 or Bell 407)
- Experienced and professional UIAGM / IFMGA certified Heli-Ski Guides
- Safety equipment, transceiver, probe, shovel, and ABS (Avalanche Airbag System)
- Powder Skis and/or Snowboard equipment
- Ground transportation Puerto Montt El Tepual airport to Barraco lodge base 3 hours’ drive including pick-up at the airport and drop-off after the last day of skiing to either your hotel in Puerto Montt or the-airport. Fly option 30 minutes one way.
- Andes Ski Terrain
- 6-Day Chile Heli Skiing Itinerary
- Additional flying time is €2,800 per hour
- Fly options Puerto Montt airport to Powder South Barraco Lodge
- Personal items and services (alcoholic beverages, tips, laundry, etc.) and expenses incurred in the case of an evacuation or rescue
- Single supplement fee – €2,000 for week packages, FREE for private packages
- Non-skier guest lodging & board – €2,800
Barraco Lodge Location
Located on 150 acres bordering Lake Tagua Tagua and the Puelo River, Barraco Lodge is ideally located to explore the natural treasures of northern Patagonia and the Pacific coast: wild rivers, waterfalls, hidden lakes, glaciers, volcanos, granite cliffs, and some of the oldest rain forests in the world.
The Lodge is a typical Patagonian style lodge, built entirely with local craftsmen and materials. The renovation of the main house, 1940 colonial style, was directed by Edward Rojas, an authority in regional architecture. His philosophy is to build in harmony with the surroundings.
Barraco is one of the best equipped lodges in the region, with helicopters, motorboats, kayaks, river rafts, and horses. Professional guides are available for fly fishing, river rafting, hiking, camping, horseback rides, and heli-skiing.
After a day of adventure, the lodge awaits with hot tubs, sauna, massage, Chef Maite Daroch´s cuisine, selected wines, craft beer, and a cozy fire.